Jhirna is located on the southern periphery of Corbett Tiger Reserve.
The animal population also comprises sloth bear and wild elephants which provide great sights for the wild life enthusiasts. Jhirna zone is open throughout the year. The Jhirna jeep safari zone is one of the most eye-catching spots inside the Corbett Tiger Reserve.
Day visit to Jhirna Zone is through Dhela Gate which is 20 Kms from Ramnagar. Its main topography mainly constitutes deciduous and secondary forest interspersed with plush open grasslands that offer amazingly good visibility of wild animals.
Quick Facts about the Jhirna Tourism Zone
- Entry Gate: Dhela Gate
- Distance from Ramnagar : 15Km
- Open and Closed Period : Open throughout the year (subject to road and weather condition)
- Safari Offered : Day Jeep Safari
- Maximum Number of Safari Jeep : 30 Jeeps per Shift (2 Shift in a day)
- Forest Rest House : Jhirna FRH)
- Exploration Time : 03 hours 30 min